Manager, Human Resources (44-221) - JOB TITLE: Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
STATUS: Fulltime, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: As a member of the Hopkinsville, Kentucky Plant Leadership Team, this senior level Human Resources management position is responsible for leading the plant in the effective delivery of Human Resources Management and Programs. Responsibilities include managing recruiting and staffing, talent and performance management, employee relations, employee training, benefits administration, compensation management, human resources systems and HR related legal compliance. The position will also provide project leadership on select manufacturing work teams. This position strategically partners with Operations, Quality, Maintenance, Finance and Engineering to position the plant for success. Position works closely with the Corporate Human Resources team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
* Develops and administers plant human resources plans, processes and procedures for plant employees.
* Develops and administers, in conjunction with the Corporate Human Resources group, Corporate HR policies, procedures and practices.
* Develops HR plant organizational goals and objectives in alignment with plant strategic goals.
* As part of the leadership team, plans and implements organizational changes with a focus on ensuring effective employee communications.
* Establishes and implements employee programs and promotes a climate of trust, cooperation confidence.
* Establishes and maintains accurate employment records which fulfill legal, corporate and general business requirements. Ensures the workplace is compliant with governmental regulations.
* Manages the plant sourcing and recruiting process to select top talent, train and develop employees. Implements the staffing process including requisition development, recruitment sourcing, interview processes and selecting candidates aligned to company objectives and in compliance with local and federal employment laws.
* Manages employee performance review process and coaches managers in performance management program including addressing performance issues and communicating performance expectations.
* Provides leadership and management for the Human Resources team and function supervising multiple direct reports.
* Provides coaching, mentoring and consulting services to managers and employees.
* Develops, establishes and delivers employee training and development programs.
* Supports the safety and workers’ compensation program.
* Develops activities that promote positive employee relations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Manages and participates in compensation and benefits programs including rewards and recognition plans.
* Maintains job descriptions, conducts annual local surveys, and analyzes compensation programs and develops annual compensation programs.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Strong knowledge of current employment law and government regulations related to HR functions.
* Strong HR Management skills with the ability to influence and articulate regulations, procedures, policies, etc.
* Demonstrated business acumen. Understands relationship of HR and employees to business results.
* Knowledge of windows based HRIS, MS Office applications.
* Demonstrated leadership; coaching mentoring and development of team members.
* Ability to develop and sell ideas, suggestions, and recommendations.
* High degree of professionalism; viewed as competent, credible and knowledgeable.
* High level of integrity; does things right and does the right things.
* Strong root cause problem-solving skills.
* Objective and viewed as a resource by employees and management.
* Possesses strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel up to 10% of time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration.
* Five to seven years’ progressive experience in HR management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* SPHR preferred. Demonstrated competence working in all functional areas of Human Resources.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and HRIS systems.
* Knowledge of Skill Based Pay manufacturing programs.
* Established experience working in a cross functional environment at the plant level.
* Familiarity w/ TPM desired
Jobs in Hopkinsville > Other Jobs in Hopkinsville > Manager, Human Resources (44-221)